Hey everyone. Bella here. Dad’s been busy lately, what with this typey stuff and moving around in the big metal moving box and all that. Last week we had some of the other members of the pack visiting from the old home, and that was fun, too. But it also kept everybody busy and they didn’t pay enough attention to me and Cricket. Today he’s off getting new round things put on the moving box, so I’m gonna try some more of the typey stuff for him.
The weather’s getting colder, so we don’t get to go on walks as much as we used to, but I guess that’s okay, because Cricket doesn’t like the cold like I do. She’s more hound, and likes laying in the sun.
Me? I like the cold air. It makes me frisky. Dad says it’s because I’m part husky. Whatever the reason, I really like it when the weather gets cooler. And when that cold, white stuff falls on the ground, I really REALLY have fun running around in the big yard. Dad says it’s coming again soon. Yay!! I hope he ordered a lot of it this year.
We’ve heard Mom and Dad talking about some special day coming up… something about a Thanks-turkey-giving day, or something like that. We also heard them say that they weren’t going to give turkey this year. They’re going to give buffalo instead. (I’m not really sure what a turkey or buffalo is, but they say you can eat either one, so it’s all good by me.)
But we’ve also heard about the thanks part of that, and I think the way it works is that we list what we’re thankful for, and then we get to eat, right? Well me and Cricket really like to eat, so we figure we’re going to get in on this action with our own list of things we’re thankful for.
- I already mentioned the
cooler weather… wait, Cricket! I like it and I’m the one typing, so I can list it if I want! Cooler Hotter Coolerweather. Stop that! You can make your own list! Okay, then we compromise. We really like the weather. Just not always both of us at the same time.
- We’re thankful for our new home, with the big yard. It’s so much nicer than the one we had before. Now we can poop all over in the back, and it still seems like there’s lots of room left over. At the old place, there was just a little grass, and it got tricky find enough room sometimes.
- We’re thankful for when we get to chase the moles and mouses and birds and stuff in the back yard.
- We’re thankful for finding dead stuff (like moles and mouses and birds) to roll in.
- We’re thankful for when Mom and Dad find the right stuff to bathe us in after stinky-spray-rat sprays us. (Cricket, what did Mom and Dad call that thing? Punk? Runt? … Skunk! Yeah, that was it! Skunk! No, we’re definitely NOT thankful for skunk things!)
- We’re thankful for the walks in the morning and the evening. (Especially when it’s
cooler… STOP IT!!!)
- We’re thankful for the treats Mom puts in our food to make it tastier.
- We’re thankful for the other treats Mom and Dad give us when we’re good. And when we get bathed (then again, I still don’t understand the whole bath thing. I mean, we just get to smelling like us, and they throw us in the shower and rub that flowery, sudsy stuff all over us. After that, we have to search around the back yard again looking for more dead stuff to roll in so we can smell like us again. Sometimes humans don’t make much sense.)
- What else are we thankful for…? Hmmm…. Oh! The ball! When Mom and Dad throw the ball in the yard! Balls are fun!… No, I don’t care if you can’t get your mouth around it, Cricket! I like them!
- And scritches behind the ears… and on that perfect spot on the back, just above the tail… and tummy rubs. Yeah, tummy rubs! They’re the best!
… … … I guess that’s about it. Can’t think of anything else for now. So is that good enough? Can we eat now? Can we?
Oh yeah. Happy Thanks-turkey-giving day everybody!